CD4028 – BCD-to-Decimal Decoder
The CD4028 is a BCD-to-decimal or binary-to-octal decoder consisting of 4 inputs, decoding logic gates, and 10 output buffers. A BCD code applied to the 4 inputs, A, B, C, and D, results in a high level at the selected 1-of-10 decimal decoded outputs. Similarly, a 3-bit binary code applied to inputs A, B, and C is decoded in octal at outputs 0–7. A high level signal at the D input inhibits octal decoding and causes outputs 0–7 to go LOW.
All inputs are protected against static discharge damage by diode clamps to VDD and VSS.
- Wide supply voltage range: 3.0V to 15V
- High noise immunity: 0.45 VDD (typ.)
- Low power TTL compatibility: fan out of 2 driving 74L or 1 driving 74LS
- Low power
- Glitch free outputs
- “Positive logic” on inputs and outputs
- This is a Thru-Hole Device
- Code conversion
- Address decoding
- Indicator-tube decoder