The Omega2S is a smaller, surface-mount packaged version of the through-hole Omega2, designed for IoT applications that require drop-in connectivity and computing.
The 34mm x 20mm x 2.8mm package is based on the MT7688 SoC and features a CPU, memory, flash storage, and a WiFi radio. It supports a wide variety of I/O protocols, with 42-pins available to the developer. The module is self-contained and only requires a power supply and an external WiFi antenna to operate. The pre-loaded Linux Operating System reduces development time by allowing the use of existing software package and high-level programming languages. This module is precertified for FCC and CE, further reducing time to market in the fast-moving world of IoT.
Key Features :
- Drop-in WiFi-enabled Linux compute module for IoT applications
- Dual mode 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi – simultaneously host a WiFi access point and connect to existing WiFi networks
- On-board U.FL connector for external antenna
- CPU, memory, and flash storage are built-in
- Runs OpenWRT Linux operating system out of the box
- Features USB, ethernet, MicroSD, 2x UARTs, I2C, SPI, GPIOs interfaces
- FCC and CE certified