The PAA5100JE-Q is PixArt Imaging’s latest optical navigation chip designed to enable navigation with working range of 15 mm to 35 mm over various surfaces. It is housed in a 28-pin land-grid-array (LGA) package that provides X-Y motion information. Aided by external illumination, it is most suitable for motion and surface detection in robot application.
- Working range of 15 to 35 mm
- No lens focusing required during lens mounting process
- Power consumption of 6 mA typical @ run mode (chip only)
- 16-bits motion data registers
- Motion detect pin output
- Internal oscillator – no clock input needed
- Devices that require near field motion detection, e.g. Robot Cleaners